Sunday, August 3, 2008

Alecita

While I was in the Bateys I recieved a very unusual gift... a kitten!
Many of you might now that I am moving into my own apartment in a few weeks and the idea of having a kitten was something that had rolled around in my mind... nothing more than a thought...

The pastor's wife, Ale, had two little kittens in her house and I commented on how cute they were and told her I was thinking of getting a kitten as well... once I move.

I never thought she would give me the cat! She insisted, despite my hesitation, everyday I was there that I take the kitten with me. She even began to call it my cat throughout the week, which I refused to acknowledge!

But, she melted my heart (the kitten that is). Sunshine and I bathed her and she rode in a box in Sunshine's lap for the 6 hour drive back to Santiago.

She is super cute. A purr box, and she sleeps above my head. She is less than 6 weeks old. She begins her shots next week. She has gotten a flea bath and parasite pills from the vet and she is good to go!

I am looking forward to living in my new apartment with my new little friend. What's her name? Well you could call her "Alecita" or "Alelu" or "alelulu" or any other variation you could come up with!







1 comment:

Sheila said...

Jackie, your new little friend is so cute. I am glad you have a little friend to come home to. I know how much you love cats and I have no doubt that she will be very spoiled. Love Mom