Tuesday, January 30, 2007

If you know you're loved by the king,
sing sing sing


What a week of blessings, and it is only Tuesday! So many things I have to be thankful for. My week started Sunday- I was tired and rundown. As soon as I layed my head down to go to sleep Saturday night (I was so tired!) my mind decided to go into full spinning mode & I couldn't go to sleep until after 1am. I had to be at setup at 7:30am, so needless to say, I was in need of a serious pick-me-up. I was scheduled to work in Children's Ministry in the Toddler/ preschool area and as it turns out we had more than enough leaders in the t/p area as well as the elementary, so I got to go to service and worship Jesus with the adults!!! This is huge, since the majority of 2006 I spent in the back hallways teaching kids- which I absolutely love- but it is nice to fellowship with the adults too!

That was blessing #1! That night I decided to go to South Hills Church and it was a message for me. Bret spoke about New Found Life and the thing that spoke to me the most was how he was talking about sin. Through the power of Jesus Christ & the Holy Spirit which lives inside of us- we don't have to sin anymore. We still fall prey to sin, and so often I hear this phrase "we're just a bunch of sinners," but the truth is we don't have to sin anymore.

If you know you're loved by the King, sing sing sing. If you know you're loved by the King, then live for him, live for him.

These were the words to a Matt Redman song, which brings me to blessing #3... My mom & stepdad suprised me with a ticket they bought me to the "How Great is Our God" tour with Matt Redman, Chris Tomlin, and speaker Louie Giglio. I couldn't believe it! I had been to the Indescribable Tour last year in Vegas, and had gone to Passion 05 in TN. Being at the Passion Conference changed my life and was only a step in God's calling on my life as a Missionary, so it was so great to be worshipping with some of the most annointed worship leaders and speakers once again. As Chris began his worship set, I had a hard time focusing on God. It seemed there were so many other distractions and hinderances, not to mention I could barely move! I felt oppressed and began to pray. Louie began his message and spoke first about how BIG our God is. He spouted out #'s in relation to the stars that God simply breathed into existence. He told a story about the Whirlpool Galaxy and how it is 31 million light years away. The Hubble Telescope was able to capture a picture of the heart of the galaxy.

The Whirlpool Galaxy, 31 million light years away.

At the center of the galaxy, as if it were a stamp of God's workmanship, right there in for the whole world to see was a giant cross- one of those black bars is apprx. 1 light year wide! Interestingly enough, this pics. were transmitted by Nasa! Science, in all of it's advance technology, and theories about creation, sent this back to the world to see.

Core of the Whirlpool Galaxy

Do you see it? A giant Cross at the core of the whirlpool galaxy. WOW. I am speachless and nothing I could say would do justice or bring the glory to the LORD that he so deserves. So, I will move on to say Louie continued to preach, but instead switched gears to us, and how fearfully and wonderfully made we are. Not just in the Universe can we see the cross is at the center, but we can look at our own bodies. There is a cell adhesion in our bodies called Laminin. Laminin takes the shape of a cross in our bodies. Millions of crosses in our body- holding our cells, holding our flesh, holding us together!

I was moved. And I truly entered into worship with the King.

If you know you're loved by the King, sing, sing, sing. If you know you're loved by the King, then live for him, live for him. Forgiven and Free, how could I not sing? If you know you're loved by the King, sing, sing, sing. If you know you're loved by the King, live for Him, live for Him.


How about 1 more blessing? I had to print up more brochures for my mission to give to supporters. Our printer at the office is not printing right now, and I needed them by morning. I took them to Office Depot, and after waiting for 30 minutes (there were many problems) and realizing they were .89 cents a side, double sided & full color meant I could not get the 30 I wanted. I settled on 15 knowing it was going to cost me $30 (an amount I could not afford, but what could I do? I was in a bind) I said a quick prayer. Because there were many printing problems the lady helping me was reading my brochure and began to ask me about the work I would be doing. She decided she was going to charge half price, so I got the 15 brochures for $15.

God is sooooooooooo good! I came home tonight and as I was folding my clothes and putting away sweaters I praise Jesus for providing for my every need as he sees it necessary. I am so thankful I don't have to be in charge of my life anymore.


Colossians 1:15-17 "
He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together"

Lord Jesus, thank you for holding me together, thank you for creating me to worship you, to love you, to sing for you, to live for you. Thank you for calling me. Thank you for loving me. Jesus Christ I pray for peace and guidance. For your divine wisdom. Jesus, lead me. I surrender to you. I abandon my ways, I abandon myself, I choose you Jesus.
I choose you.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I love your Office Depot story! I could listen to stories like that all day long and never get bored. I can't wait to hear even more fun little God stories from you as time unfolds.

Jennifer Goodenough said...

You GO girl!

I'm exited you are coming and am praying for you!!

su hermana en Cristo

Jen