Saturday, January 27, 2007

Keeping me on my toes

I think God likes to keep us on our toes. We have a perpensity to get comfortable in our situations- which I am not always sure God likes. Comfortability brings it's friends self-reliance and pride.

I had gotten comfortable with the idea of working at Soulstice until May, maybe going to KY a little early, taking a slower approach to fundraising... But, I think it times likes these, actually in life in general, God is calling us to a life dependant upon Him.

So, I found out 3 days ago, that I am needed in the office in KY March 1st! I kind of freaked out silently, and argued with God in my head about how I was going to make all this happen, and by "all this" I mean train 5 people to do my job, so it can be volunteer ran, raise an additional $2,800 a month, continue trying to get back in shape, spend time with friends and family, coordinate our church's garage sale... the list goes on & on. And then it hit me... Had I fall prey to self-reliance?

2 Corinthians 1:8-10 says:

"We do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about the hardships we suffered in the province of Asia. We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired even of life. Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead. He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us"

It is God who will accomplish all of these things I had once relied upon myself for. I trust in him, my hope is in him!

So, my encouragement as I pray for all of these tasks and urgent things that must be accomplished comes from Matthew 6:33-34:

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

For His Glory,

Jackie

3 comments:

Laura said...

Wow! March 1st? That's quick! I'm so excited for you, and even though I will miss you, I'm so happy that you'll be able to do what God wants you to. Keep relying on Him!

TomS said...

It's amazing though, when God calls us to bold things like this He provides boldly!

Ray and Clare said...

We heard you are leaving by March! Thats pretty exciting in many ways im sure.

Ray