Sunday, December 17, 2006

The Ball is a Rollin'

Well today we told the church that I would be moving to the DR & Haiti. I wasn't sure how I was going to make it through the morning. But- God is so good- and I was amazed by the outpour of the Soulstice Community! I am so blessed to be a part of such a loving and generous church.

The real challenge was not telling "big church," but telling the kids. I asked them if they knew what a missionary was and explained to them how we are all missionaries called by God to tell people about Jesus. The kids were so cute- Logan and Landon shared how the told a boy in the gym "who believed in science" about Jesus and after they told this boy they said "so... do you believe in Jesus?" and the little boy replied yes! I love how uninhibited kids are when it comes to sharing their faith. How I long for a child-like faith that is completely absent of fear & disbelief!

Anyway, I explained to them that God calls people all over the world, maybe it is to a neighborhood where you live, your school, a different state and sometimes a different country, and God was calling me to a different country. I showed them a video I had when I went on a short-term trip in October and they got to see the kids I worked with and places I worked at. It was so powerful... the kids were in full ideas mode as they began coming up with ways they were going to partner with me once I was gone!!! They even prayed for me and the kids in the DR & Haiti! I love my life!!

All glory to God for the wonderful ways HE brings glory to His name... we are simply here for the journey. I thank God for all the ways he has carried me, changed, molded, and shaped me for the work he will lead me in and all the wonderful people he has put into my life...
Peace-
Jackie

1 comment:

Jackie's Mom said...

To my beautiful daughter Jacquelyn;

When I look up the word "proud" in the dictionary I read your name. I am so very PROUD to by your mom!

You are more than a daughter to me you are an inspiration too me! All of your life I have prayed for nothing more than for your salvation. Not only have you been saved, the Lord has CHOSEN you, my daughter to go out to the nations to save the souls of others.

You have been a blessing in my life from the very moment I knew I had life in my body and that I was going to your mom.

Jacquelyn, you saved me 24 years ago and you gave me a reason to go on after the death of my mom. God knew then of your special gift to reach out to others.

Jacquelyn you are my PRIDE AND JOY AND THE LOVE OF MY LIFE!

I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY BEING!!!

Love Always Mom