Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Merry Merry Christmas!


I had an amazing Christmas. After church on Sunday (Christmas eve) I came home to my mom's house and we opened our presents with my mom, Hank (stepdad), JD, Kyle & Matt (stepbrothers) and had dinner. My mom made ham, twice baked potatoes, fruit salad, and homemade cheesecake... seriously. She even bought me blackberries (my personal favorite when it comes to cheesecake toppings:)! After dinner we went to South Hills for their eveing service. It was so great to just go to church and worship. Honestly, sometimes I don't get a lot of time to do that on Sundays at Soulstice so it was just a nice time to just worship. After an amazing day I crawled into bed and passed out!






Christmas morning I awoke at 7am and my brother and I grabbed our presents for my dad's and we headed to his house. We opened presents there with my dad, Liz (his wife), and Gavyn (my step brother). Around 2pm, 2 uncles and 6 cousins came over for dinner. We had to rematch at Scrabble, from our Thanksgiving Tourney! I lost! But- I did find out I had scrabble on my phone... I am such an addict! Aaron, my cousin brought over his slurpee maker, and I helped make the kids slurpees- woohoo!!! It was a relaxing, fun, joyous day and after it was all over I had no trouble going to bed!

So, what did I get?

I am very very blessed to have parents and family who truly try to provide for me. It was amazing and I couldn't have asked for anything more.

-Digital Camera (Canon Powershot A630)- to take lots of pics. in the DR & Haiti with
-Portable DVD Player- to watch movies on my down time in the DR & Haiti
-My favorite bath stuff (Eucalyptus & Spearmint)
-Gift cards (Best buy, Family Christian Center, Amazon, Galleria Mall)
-Hiking/ Traveling backpack (This thing is huge- but so cool) for the DR & Haiti
(Are you sensing a theme?)
-Scarves for when I am in KY
-And of course new holiday pajamas from Victoria Secret!

I am really excited about all the things I got that will be of great use as I go off to the DR! I hope my gifts can be a blessing to others when I am down there! I hope you all had as fantastic of a Christmas as I did and you know the joy and peace that can only come from our Savior! I love you guys.

Peace-
Jackie

1 comment:

Tatiana Gamarra said...

Feliz Navidad! We are six cats from PerĂº. Visit us in: www.seisgatos.blogspot.com