Thursday, December 21, 2006

So Let Your Glory Shine Around


Psalm 63:2 "I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory."
2 Corinthians 5:7 "We live by faith, not by sight"
Last night I spent hours individually folding each letter and brochure, carefully putting each envelope together full of informaton on G.O. Ministries and my new role while watching Dave Matthews live in concert on TV. It really was a great night. If you know me- you know I love me some Dave Matthews!
Amongst all the joy that is surrounding this new journey
I have to admit- I am scared. I am scared for this next step... FUNDRAISING! But I am also hopeful and trusting. I am trusting in the LORD. Brook reminded me the other day- THE LORD IS YOUR PROVIDER. (Thanks Brook- I needed that) So I say with as much faith and trust as I can muster... The LORD is my provider.
Jesus- I promise to give you all of the glory and honor and praise. For you alone are my provider. My strength. My joy.
I read this tonight in my quiet time- It is a book called "Jesus Calling" it is a Daily Devo., I picked up in LaGrange, KY on my initial meeting with G.O. I had no idea when I randomly picked it up that it was about enjoying the Peace of His presence and was written by a missionary... (I like God's sense of humor)
Anyways- here's what I read tonight:

"My plan for your life is unfolding before you. Sometimes the road you are traveling seems closed, or it opens up so painfully slowly that you must hold yourself back. Then when the time is right, the way before you suddenly clears- though no effort of your own. What you have longed for and worked for I present to you freely, as pure gift. You feel awed by the ease with which I operate in the world, and you glimpse My Power and My Glory.
Do not fear your weakness, for it is the stage on which My Power and Glory perform most brilliantly. As you persevere along the path I have prepared for you, depending on my strength to sustain you, expect to see miracles- and you will. Miracles are not always visible to the naked eye, but those who live by faith can see them clearly. Living by faith, rather than sight, enables you to see My Glory."

Psalm 63:2 "I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory."

2 Corinthians 5:7 "We live by faith, not by sight"

So, today I pray for the Lord to make miracles happen fully anticipating giving him all of the glory. I am so weak, and so very dependant upon God. And it greatly comforts me to know that in my weakness he is perfect and strong, and glorious. I said a prayer over my letters and for those of you that would receive them. May God richly bless you, and may you give him the glory he deserves. May we together, live by faith, depending on the strength of our LORD.
Peace-

Jackie

No comments: